Dedicated to working collaboratively with 19 museums within a 1.5 mile radius of the Mecom Fountain to promote the Houston Museum District as a destination to maximize the use of artistic, scientific and educational resources of its institutions.
1401 Richmond Avenue, suite 290
Houston, TX 77006
The Houston Museum District Association is dedicated to collaborative efforts that maximize use of the artistic, scientific and educational resources of Houston Museum District institutions by all citizens of and visitors to Houston.
Eleven institutions formed the Houston Museum District Association on January 27, 1997 and received the IRS 501 (c) (3) designation as of August 22, 1997. Five new museums joined the District in June 2002 and two more in April 2007. The District is now comprised of the following 19 museums located within an approximate 1.5 mile radius of the Mecom Fountain in Hermann Park:
- Asia Society
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum
- Children's Museum of Houston
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
- Czech Center Museum Houston
- Holocaust Museum Houston
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Houston Center for Photography
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Houston Zoo, Inc.
- The John C. Freeman Weather Museum
- The Health Museum
- The Jung Center of Houston
- Lawndale Art Center
- The Menil Collection
- Museum of African American Culture
- Museum of Fine Arts , Houston
- Rice University Art Gallery
- The Rothko Chapel